Nothing kicks off the fall like visiting a local pumpkin farm. The smell of fresh-baked goods from an on-site bakery, getting lost in a corn maze, and riding a train through a pumpkin patch are all memories every child, and adults alike, should get to experience every year. Each year we visit as many local pumpkin farms as we can, not only to support local farmers, but also to create life long memories with our children.
Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm
Visiting Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland, California is an annual tradition for our family. It’s one of the largest farms in our area and they have a wide selection of activities for children of all ages, perfect for a growing family like ours.
We love this pumpkin farm for many reasons, including all the activities they have for the young, and the young at heart.
At Bishop’s you will find:
- A fun train ride through the pumpkin patch.
- A family friendly petting zoo, perfect for small children.
- Children can Climb Coyote Mountain and slide down the huge slide.
- Pan for marbles in the small creek.
- You can watch a Pigs Race.
- Get lost in the Crazy Corn Maze.
- Enjoy a Free Hay Wagon Ride.
- Enjoy great Farm Food and BBQ.
- Shop for Great Gifts & Halloween specials.
- and of course, pick the Perfect Pumpkin.
Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm Photo Gallery
This is a panoramic view from a bridge in the middle of the corn maze I took with my iPhone. This was my first time using the new panoramic feature and I love how the photograph turned out.
For more information on visiting Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm, including prices, hours and location, visit:
What are your favorite activities to do at a pumpkin farm?